Thread: Dependency for Google Chrome?

Beans

Dependency for Google Chrome?

Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right forum, I don't spend a lot of time here...Anyways, I just downloaded Google Chrome, I was going to install it and it gave me this error message:

"Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libasound2 (>> 1.0.22)"

Can anybody tell me what libasound2 is, will I need to install it and, if so, where can I find it? Thanks a bunch.

Beans

Re: Dependency for Google Chrome?

Try searching for libasound2 in the Software Centre and installing it from there.

Or if you'd prefer, run
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libasound2
    in a terminal.

edit: If that doesn't work, tell us which version of Ubuntu you are running too.

Beans

I have this same problem I installed libasound2 via the pkg mgr then to make sure I ran the sudo apt-get and received 0 updated.. all packages up to date message. I'm running Ubunto 8.04 LTS on an older IBM T42 I'm thinking the answer is in upgrading Ubuntu 8 I had the same Chrome Pkg install on 11.04

Beans
    Hidden!

From the forum code of conduct:
    If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    By the way, 8.04 is a few years old, you might want to consider upgrading to a newer release.

Old thread closed.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog