Thread: toshiba L655 headphones not working

Beans

toshiba L655 headphones not working

I'm running ubuntu 10.10 on a toshiba L655-S5111. when I plug working headphones into the jack I get no sound out of them and the sounds continue to play through the on board speakers. I've searched the forums as well as google and found no solutions (new to linux btw). headphones dont show up in the alsamixer and the whole "change output" option isnt there in sound preferences. I do have pulseaudio volume control installed and it doesn't seem to have any options to tweak and fix this either. it seems like linux doesnt recognize the jack at all. can anyone please help?

Beans

Re: toshiba L655 headphones not working

I found the following workaround, although it is may not be an exact match with your hardware. For this reason I would ask that you first paste the output of the following two commands:

Code:
    $ cat /proc/asound/card*/codec#* 2>/dev/null | grep Codec
    $ lspci -nnk | awk 'BEGIN {x=0; IGNORECASE=1}; /^[^\t]/ {x=0}; /udio/ {x=1}; x == 1 {print}'
    I was able to get all the audio issues fixed by adding "options snd-hda-intel model=thinkpad" to /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
    Source: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...844/comments/5
    My Top Bugs - Launchpad Profile - Wiki Page

Appreciate what the severe effort of many converging wills has produced.

Beans

Re: toshiba L655 headphones not working

Codec: Conexant CX20585
    Codec: ATI R6xx HDMI

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio [8086:3b56] (rev 05)
    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fd50]
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel
    01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5600 Series] [1002:aa60]
    Subsystem: Toshiba America Info Systems Device [1179:fd50]
    Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
    Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel