Thread: Broadcom BCM4312 and Lucid Lynx problem...

Beans

Broadcom BCM4312 and Lucid Lynx problem...

Hi all,
    I have a Dell Mini 9, with a Broadcom BCM4312, 14e4:4315, wireless card.

I cannot get it to show any networks and I have tried everything I can find to get it fixed, but with no luck.

I have reinstalled bcmwl-kernel-source and everything else, but nothing works.

Has anyone else had this problem and what solution(if any) have you found for it?

Thanks in advance!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Broadcom BCM4312 and Lucid Lynx problem...

Here is a post I made earlier with some wireless Broadcom issues on a Dell D6400. Perhaps it will help you.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1473579

Beans

Re: Broadcom BCM4312 and Lucid Lynx problem...

Don't know if this will help or not, but I had the same problem on my Mini9. Couldn't get it to display any wireless networks at all. After trying several things I found in different forums, I stumbled across the solution... and felt like an idiot for not seeing it sooner. I'm using wicd to connect, and the wired interface was listed as eth0; the wireless interface was listed as wlan. I changed "wlan" to "eth1", and immediately had working wireless.

If you have tried installing different drivers, make sure you have the correct one installed. In Synaptic, do a search for "broadcom". Reinstall two packages: bcmwl-kernel-source and bcmwl-modaliases. If you have any of the others installed, uninstall them.

Hope this helps.