Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help deleting an app

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Need help deleting an app

This may be one of those hard learned lessons of installing apps from a third party site.
    Important: If your compiling to install, first make sure it is well documented and most importantly that there is a Un-install how to included.
    With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.
    Dalai Lama>>
    Code Tags | System-info | Forum Guide lines | Arch Linux, Debian Unstable, FreeBSD

Beans

Try using "locate uae". If you get the reply that plocate (or mlocate or something similar) is not install, follow the instructions provided, then try again.

My guess is you installed the binary from a tar or zip file.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jonfisher View Post
    Unfortunately I don't recall how I installed it...
    Perhaps I should look in one of the directories to try and figure out exactly where it is? Where are most programs/apps installed at ? I can't find it in usr/bin
    The general rule is to remove a program, you have to use the same tool you used to install it to uninstall it. If it isn't in APT or a snap or a flatpak, then you can almost certainly just delete the files. Many programs come with an install script. That script might have a de-install option too or not. The README for the software should have any install/uninstall instructions. If there aren't any and it isn't APT, snap, flatpak, just remove it and all the pieces.

If the program has a menu, then there is a .desktop file somewhere.
    If the program can be run without specifying the exact, full, path to the program, then it is in your PATH and "which {program-name}" will find it.

Be certain you have a good system backup, before removing it, unless you 100% know it isn't a critical application for other tools on the box.

Beans

Was able to remove it using:

"sudo snap remove fsuae"

Thanks all for the help and marking this as solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12