Thread: Wubi Kubuntu 9.10 not booting up after Amarok media codecs installation

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Wubi Kubuntu 9.10 not booting up -- ATI driver issue

I am not sure where toopen this thread but this seems a better category.

I am using Toshiba Laptop with AMD Turion, with Vista installed.
    I decided use Kubuntu 9.10 using the wubi installer. things worked well till I got my ATI drivers. But when I started Amarok it suggested me to install all the mp3/DVD codecs etc for the media files. After that I am not able to boot my kubuntu.

Kubuntu just hangs up at start. After some time screen goes blank. And CAPS lock LED starts blinking.

CTRL+ALT+F1 or CTRL+ALT+F8 doesn't work. Kubuntu 9.04 used to work well.

Please let me know if any of faced such problem. I need to re-install my kubunu but I am not sure I will face this problem again. I did updated it with latest security and bug fix update but looks like Amrok suggetion killed it.

Thanks,
    Manish
    Last edited by manishsk; November 30th, 2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: wrong subject
    -- Manish

It takes time and patience to get into this, but once you are in, its just like another world you love to live in...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Wubi Kubuntu 9.10 not booting up after Amarok media codecs installation

I am able to solve this issue.

It basically not the media drivers issue but a issue with ATI drivers.

Please refer below thread for solution. i hope it works. Working so far, I am able to boot well with this solution applied.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1315199

Code:

sudo aticonfig --initial -f
    sudo aticonfig --acpi-services=off
    The acpi-services was bugging me. But I don't know how does actually helps my system to solve it. what changes it does to my system in background.

Do let me know if you have any comments or ideas...
    -- Manish

It takes time and patience to get into this, but once you are in, its just like another world you love to live in...