Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9.10 karmic Radeon HD3650

Beans

Re: 9.10 karmic Radeon HD3650

I'm very grateful that I was able to help others out with the problem I was having. And I appreciate the positive responses.

To the person who said they have to remove 2 gigs of system memory in order to get a stable boot, I struggle to believe this has anything to do with the ATI drivers. I would be more likely to believe you have some dysfunctional memory and would seek to repair that separately.

I apologize for the late responses to this thread. I am not tracking it and I am not a regular reader of these forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

lubberlick there is a common theme with proprietary drivers and black screens upon reboot with the current version of Ubuntu 9.10. I suspect a bug(s) but there is no official comment at this time.

The compatibility issue remains unresolved to my knowledge. A new release of an ATI driver or a patch from Ubuntu may be what is needed.
    My wiki page ... ATI 9.11 & Ubuntu 9.10 ... Time Capsule ... Ubuntu in 5 years!
    Brainstorm ideas ...Stop Blank Screen ... Gui Xorg Edit

Ubuntu is reinventing the wheel ... making it round.

Beans

I've solved with the two recommended commands and changing the BIOS Graphics Aperture Size from 265 MB (max) to 64 MB.

Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 4650 AGP DDR2 1 GB (GV-R465D2-1GI)

Beans

Finally I got this working.
    Use the latest driver from ATI and do the acpi=off with aticonfig. Finally to get things fast add the repository for the x-server.. Great work..

Beans

where's the Repository for ati 9.3 drivers? im a noob so im tryin to make sence of this stuff.

Beans

What about Lucid version of this new xserver ?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12