Thread: problem installing

Beans

problem installing

three weeks ago i requested a free cd from ubuntu.com. today i got it. i put it in. it boots fine then i choose install ubuntu. the screen goes black and a blinking line in the top left corner appers. that all it does. help me plz.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: problem installing

Quote Originally Posted by almo214 View Post
    three weeks ago i requested a free cd from ubuntu.com. today i got it. i put it in. it boots fine then i choose install ubuntu. the screen goes black and a blinking line in the top left corner appers. that all it does. help me plz.
    Try booting same cd, but choose live cd and see if it boots up and recognizes you basic hardware. If the live cd option won't work then there's a serious hardware detection problem.

If it boots or does not, posting a detailed description of your hardware and the results of a live cd test may help someone to see what the problem/hardware conflict is.
    Profit is a Necessary Element of Philanthropy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: problem installing

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Mike View Post
    Try booting same cd, but choose live cd and see if it boots up and recognizes you basic hardware. If the live cd option won't work then there's a serious hardware detection problem.

If it boots or does not, posting a detailed description of your hardware and the results of a live cd test may help someone to see what the problem/hardware conflict is.

I had the same issue. If you have windows, boot up the windows operate system. Once you have the xp, vista or windows 7 up and running insert the disc and run it from there. Then follow the insturcions it should work if not try a different computer. Good luck