Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: *Neon* Google Chrome Icon

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: *Neon* Google Chrome Icon

Is it just me or do the VLC and Trash icons look small?
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2794/...00cd2a70_o.png
    Last edited by ibuclaw; January 2nd, 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: removed [img] tags.

Beans

The VLC and the Trash Can do look out of proportion. When I made the other .svg icons I tried to match them as close to the same size and placement as the Firefox.png and Thunderbird.png icons. (since they were all round icons except for hulu)

Like I said earlier, I'm no good with GIMP, so if I changed those icons to .gifs, and then into .svg to use in Inkscape, I could try a bitmap trace and then try to create a fill/stroke of that bitmap trace to make the neon effect..... but I bet it would look terrible and would be a lot of effort for a crappy icon.

Now if I found a nice VLC.svg icon and a Garbage Can.svg icon then it would be easy to delete the fillers while keeping the strokes, and resize the icon boundary to 128x128 and also the icon to around 109x109 pixels, center it 10pixels to the right and about 15pixels up from the bottom. (that is how the other ones are).

Then I could change the stroke (the neon part of the image) to whatever neon color like orange, and blur it at about 2%, then duplicate the layer and blur that one at like 4%, and add a shadow of the same color.

The VLC image should be easy to find, but a garbage can like that won't be. If I find some time and feel like being creative I might try, but now that you have the sizes I used for the Google Earth, Chrome, hulu, Skype, Frostwire, and Amarok icons then you might try to make one with Inkspace..... just take the first 3 simple tutorials for Inkscape in the Help-->--Tutorials button on the menu bar.

Beans
    Hidden!

That looks awesome!

crimesaucer, you missed the post count 1337 but your work definitely speaks for itself. Totally worth it. Great job.
    "There's no such thing as illegal immigrants, only illegal Governments..."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Can anyone tell me where the google chrome icon is stored? I am trying to change the icon from the default one (too low of a resolution in my dock) but I cant seem to find it. Ive looked in ~/.config/google-chrome and /usr/share/icons.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zach4618 View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the google chrome icon is stored? I am trying to change the icon from the default one (too low of a resolution in my dock) but I cant seem to find it. Ive looked in ~/.config/google-chrome and /usr/share/icons.
    Try using the locate command. I have Chromium installed so I searched for the image like this (you can search for either chrome, google-chrome, or google):

Code:
    locate chromium

Out of the long list of possible matches I see that the chromium-browser.png icon image is located in:

Code:
    /usr/share/pixmaps/chromium-browser.png

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by crimesaucer View Post
    Try using the locate command. I have Chromium installed so I searched for the image like this (you can search for either chrome, google-chrome, or google):

Code:
    locate chromium

Out of the long list of possible matches I see that the chromium-browser.png icon image is located in:

Code:
    /usr/share/pixmaps/chromium-browser.png
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried all three searches and still havent been able to find it.

Any other ideas?

Beans
    Distro

Found it:

/opt/google/chrome/product_logo_48.png

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi guys, I'm new. Here is my attempt for a Google Chrome Neon style icon.
    Hope you like it, even if you have already made nice icons.
    LorE

Last edited by _LorE_; December 26th, 2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Link adjustment

Beans

How do I get the neon calculator icon?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234